Monday, March 30, 2009

Whining + Cafe Rio Joy

Lunch at Cafe Rio... last year?

Deep down, I'm extremely thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed us with modern medicine. That we have things like biopsies to identify problems so that they can get taken care of (or put our minds at ease).

Right now, however, I feel no gratitude for the insane amount of pain that my biopsy this morning caused. I look like a chipmunk, who decided to store all of my nuts in one cheek. I can't turn my head, I'm so swollen, and am in a serious amount of pain.

Did I mention yet that I'm in pain?

Did I also mention that I'm a baby?

I am.

I am also feeling extremely guilty because I scheduled this appointment weeks ago, and on last Wednesday, Adam's kindergarten teacher scheduled his parent-teacher conference at the same time.

So, I had to send Mike (and the kids) instead.

I hate that I missed it.

We got home at about the same time, and I anxiously asked Mike what his teacher said.

And he told me that he couldn't really remember.

Sigh.

This afternoon, Mike had to leave to take care of some work stuff, leaving me with the kids to do some RS visits. One sister wouldn't come out to talk to me.

I can't blame her; I look like I have the mumps or something (on one side of my face).

So, all in all, not the greatest of days.

Tonight, however, Mike brought home a Cafe Rio barbecue pork salad for us to share for dinner. (These salads are so huge, they can easily feed the four of us, with some left over).

And I think that salad is so insanely good, that it can cure anything:

Guilt over a missed parent-teacher conference, frustration at a husband who had nothing to report from the conference, and rejection from being, well, rejected.

AND...

Even the whining in a baby like me.

(If you are not fortunate to live by a Cafe Rio, and need something cured ASAP, try Becky Higgins' recipe here. It's sure to fix whatever ails ya.)

4 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, Allison...I am so sorry! And you are NOT a baby...you are one of the toughest people I know, so if you are in pain...YOU ARE IN PAIN! You are in our prayers. Hope today is better!!

Tiffin said...

That sounds miserable!! When do you get the results back?

I know what you mean about Dad's and parent teacher conferences. I had to send Kimball because I had just birthed. He couldn't remember much either!!

Thanks for the recipe. I found a similar one recently but yours looks better! The one I found doesn't have soda in it. I think it sounds terrific. I'm going to try it out this week!!

Danyel said...

Everytime I have to get my blood work done Doran buys me Ice Cream. It realy makes it worth it. Hope everything comes back good. I know that the worst time is the time between the test and the reasults. Good luck.

peachytiffers said...

I LOVE that salad too! I just tried to make the pork myself from another recipe, but it didn't come close to the real stuff.