Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why We Were Late for Church

This morning I got the kids all ready for church, gave them some paper/craft supplies for writing letters to grandparents, and hurried to go get ready.

I came back 15 minutes later to find this:


Scrubbing that much marker off took some serious time. Apparently, she likes to be very thorough when coloring.

I think that there should be a church policy about men with young children having callings where they have to attend Bishopric meetings before church.

Or maybe we should just have a no-markers-before-church policy in our home.

Or a crayons-only policy.

Something like that. :)

5 comments:

Danyel said...

She is so cute. Ethan has learned how to color on the walls. So now we have to watch him extra carfule. A little marker never hurt anyone. You could have just headed to church.

Kathy said...

At least it looks like she didn't get it on her beautiful dress!

Grammy Suzzy said...

I agree with Kathy about the dress! And, besides, she looks kinda like an oompa loompa...but way cuter!! BTW, I love her piggy tails in her hair! Hang in there Mommy! Oh, and...just wondering, where was Adam when all this was occuring? I never had this happen because there was always an "informant" ready to tattle!

Tiffin said...

Oh Allison-- I feel for you. She did choose a lovely shade of orange. I like the color contrast with her dress!!

Aunt Sharynn said...

My favorite color is orange! It started at the same age when the painters had just finished painting our new house on 41st dr. My mother cried when she saw it. The painters felt sorry for her and came back and repainted! The rule in our house is kind of the same no markers, PBJ, and (right now can't think of the rest) on Sunday!! Especially before church sometimes after! My son doesn't color on himself as much but everything else. Braydonn use to color everywhere and if we scrubbed it off he would at two more to make up for it!