Monday, March 9, 2009

St. George Getaway

St. George Temple

Mondays are Mike's day off, and they are normally reserved for grocery shopping, car-fixing, house-fixing, and errands.

However, today we decided that we'd go without groceries this week, forget about the brakes on the car, let the shower continue to drip, and have our library books be over-due, and we went on a day trip to St. George.

And, wow! Do I ever love St. George. How could I not have sacrificed my grocery shopping earlier? St. George is lovely, less than 2 hours away, and is completely awesome.

St. George rocks my socks.

(And I have no idea what that means. But, I really, really love that city).

Anyways, we walked the temple grounds, went to the temple visitor's center (and watched a movie), went to Brigham Young's winter home, saw the Tabernacle, went to the D.I. (because visiting a D.I. in every city we go to is a must for Mike), and went to the dinosaur museum.

Digging for fossils at the dinosaur museum

We also went to Smith's to pick up some snacks for the trip back.

But, that's not very exciting.

And I also found a house that I really want to buy.

But Mike told me, "no."

When I got the rejection on the house, I almost moved into the gas station when I saw that gas was only $1.75 there.

But Mike told me that would be ridiculous.

Anyway, we had so much fun on our little spontaneous trip. It was so nice to get away and visit such a beautiful place, and spend some really fun, quality time together. I love our little family so much!

Tabernacle

Brigham Young's Winter Home

I might love them a little more if we lived in St. George, however. I'm just saying.

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

What a wonderful Monday you must have had! So glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

Danyel said...

Adam I had so much fun talking to you today. You are souch a great kid. Did you have fun at the DI?