Sunday, March 29, 2015

Our Family in 2015: Week of 3/23-3/29

Adam picked up this toy gun from D.I. a few weeks ago, and Sam thinks he is oh-so-cool when Adam lets him hold it.

He loves those big brothers of his.


***

After dropping off the big kids and Mike one morning, I had to stop at Target.  I decided to let Sam out of the cart to check out the toys.

Pajamas and bare feet and all.


He was one happy kid with all of that freedom.

***

Josh's friends at pre-school taught him the fun standing-in-doorway trick that he's been dying to try at home.


Now at any given moment we can find Josh climbing up various doorways.

***

Our sweet strawberry plant is still holding on after 3 years!

I really want to make a big raised garden bed for it, because then it will really take off.


For now it produces about 10 berries a year in its little pot.

***

This boy has been walking for weeks now.  Whenever the front door opens at all, he's off down the driveway and down the sidewalk.


It makes me so nervous that I am constantly checking the door, and asking the kids to check it.

***

Our allergies have started to let up, so we've started venturing out to the park again.


We are loving this gorgeous weather (and being able to breathe again).




***

Josh loves to sleep in our bed.

He always has.

And as tired as I am sometimes of carrying his sweet body back to his room when I finally make it to bed, I try not to complain.

Because it doesn't last forever.


Lately he's been coloring himself to sleep there, rather than reading.

He's my sweet Mama's boy.

Who is growing up way too fast.

***

On Friday, Grace and I got to attend the stake Activity Days activity.

It was a Mexican Fiesta with amazing food, provided by the Spanish ward in our stake, along with dancing.

We had such a fun time together.

***

On Saturday, Grace and I got to attend the General Women's conference.

In our family, we always have a treat after the women's and Priesthood conferences, while we share with the family what we learned.

After conference, we went to the grocery store and picked up some cans of cream soda.  We thought it would be fun to do an object lesson about the "can" story given during the conference, while we told the boys everything we learned.

We were even able to find the videos showed on-line (they are fast!) so we could share those, too.

It was so much fun to spend time with my sweet Grace.

She is growing into such an incredible little lady.

No comments: