Sunday, November 9, 2014

Our Family: Week of 11/3-11/9

On Monday, we went to Grace's second round of her volleyball tournament.

It was such a close game.

They won a set, we won a set.

On the third game, the other team was up by one (they had to win by two), and Grace was up to serve. Adam and I prayed for a miracle, but she didn't hit it over, and they lost.


In the first and second games, she hit it over the net and scored!  She hit it over 4 times total, and scored 2 points!

First time she ever hit it over, and man alive, the screams in that gymnasium when she did were loud!

We are so proud of her!


On Tuesday, the girls got a break from volleyball, so we headed over to the library instead.

We checked out some books and videos, and headed home to make dinner.


On Wednesday, I had Activity Days.

We made "thankful turkeys" out of pinecones and turkey Rice Krispie treats.


On Thursday, we had a huge package come in the mail.

I decided to try to save some money by using Amazon's subscribe & save feature, with some products that had coupons. We got a ton of diapers, wipes, and toilet paper in a huge box.

Josh thought Christmas had come early.


On Friday, we baby-sat.

I am so thankful to get to watch these kiddos that I've grown to love over the past two years.

Their family have become really good friends of ours, and they are going to move soon.

That's going to be pretty heartbreaking for Josh (and me).

After some morning play, we went to Adam's football practice, and got in some park play.


On Saturday we headed out to Adam's football tournament.

It was an all-day thing... if you won a game, you stayed for a couple of hours until the next game.

And so on.

They won their first game, but lost their second.

It was a good season, and we are proud of how hard Adam worked.

(But, with the bright sun and nursing and being so far from home, I'm kinda sorta glad we only had to stick it out for two games).

That evening we had fun at home together, watching a movie and eating homemade pizza, while Mike left and went to the adult stake meeting, where he had been asked to say the closing prayer.


We had our stake conference on Sunday.

It was great, and I was really enjoying the speakers, until Sam started to fuss.

The stake center is less than a mile from our home, and I still have no idea where the mother's room is in it.

So, I took him home to nurse, and then headed back and caught the end of conference.

We spent the rest of the day finishing homework (I know!) and making plans for the upcoming week.

No comments: