Sunday, September 7, 2014

Our Family: Week of 9/1-9/7

On Monday, we celebrated Labor Day.

And by celebrated I mean, we all labored in the yard + house.

Except for Sam, who was much too busy making messes to bother cleaning them.

                                       

***

On Tuesday, the kids + Mike went back to work.

Josh and I decorated the house for FALL!

My favorite season!

And once September 1st hits 'round here, fall decor is totally legit.

Afterward, I made Josh lunch (a cheese crisp with barbecue sauce), and began sewing Grace's baptism dress.

Soon after, I heard lots of "Mmmm" noises.

Sam had found Josh's leftover barbecue sauce.


It's safe to say that he is a big fan of that stuff.

***

On Wednesday I cleaned and sewed some more.

And got all teary when I went to get the kids from school and saw how big this guy looks in the carseat.


Babies grow much too fast.

Mike had mutual that night and I finished sewing the dress.

Which is gorgeous, but Grace and I decided it needs some more "poof."

***

On Thursday Josh had his first day of preschool.

I had been heartbroken about it all week, because he did not want to go.

I would find him randomly crying around the house, and when I asked him what was wrong he said, "I don't want to go to pre-school.  Mama's not there."

But, we can do hard things.

So he went with his BFF.


And his darling teacher, Miss Michelle.


Sam and I ran to Joann's to get tulle.

When we picked Josh up, he was all grins.

Turns out pre-school wasn't so bad after all.

That afternoon, I finished the underskirt (with all 10 yards of tulle).  


Poof factor achieved.

Grace went to her first volleyball practice, and loved it.

We cleaned the house.

And got ready for a fun weekend with family celebrating Grace.

***

On Friday we baby-sat... and early afternoon, the R* family starting pouring in.

We had a fun dinner that night together.




Followed by a little movie-watching at the end with Kelsie, as everyone else left.

***

On Saturday, my sweet Gracie was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.




And lucky for her, her best friend, Katelyn, was getting baptized the same day.






It was a wonderful experience.  The talks were good, the children were beautiful... and seeing this guy that I love so much baptize our little girl, made me so thankful for the both of them.

I don't know how I got so lucky.






Afterward, we headed back to our house for an ice cream sundae party.










We had a blast eating ice cream, visiting, and playing.

Afterward, everyone except Ethan, Cameo, and Kaylee left.

We got to spend the evening with them.

Josh had a blast chasing that cute niece/cousin of ours.

We had a great time together.

***

On Sunday, Ethan and his sweet family left.

We went to church.

And relaxed from a week of laboring, family, friends, and spiritual growth.

It was a good week.

No comments: