Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Naps


Sundays are so ridiculous around here.

This is how a typical Sunday goes:

6:00 Wake everyone up; feed Josh and kids
6:30 Shower
6:45 Mike leaves for meetings
7:00 Get kids dressed and do kids' hair
7:30 Blow dry my hair
7:45 Rescue Josh from being mauled by Grace
7:50 Do make-up
8:00 Feed Josh
8:30 Get Josh asleep
8:35 Get myself dressed
8:45 Finish getting ready and come out and find Grace un-dressed
8:50 Mike comes home from meetings to pick us up
9:00 Church is starting.

I am trying to find where Grace managed to hide her shoes and tights while I was getting dressed.

At this point, I'm upset. Grace is upset. Mike is upset.

Adam's happy. He's not a Sacrament meeting fan.

Josh invariably wakes up. And wants to eat again.

I'm not going to say how many Sacrament meetings we've actually made it to since our meeting times changed. But, it's not many. At all. Anyways, today we managed to get to church only 10 minutes late.

I felt like a rockin' Mom.

Unfortunately, I was also one exhausted Mom.

And I still had to do Sharing Time... ;)

After church, we came home. I fed Josh. I fed the kids. We then had to go pick up Mike from his after-church meetings.

When we all got back, we all took a 3-hour nap.

It was marvelous.

I'm totally paying for it now, of course, because it's 1:00 in the morning and half of my family is up.

But, seriously, Sunday naps are just delicious. Totally worth a late night.

No comments: