Monday, March 1, 2010

3 Months


It's been both the longest and shortest 3 months of my life.

I can't believe he's 3 months old.

But, then I remember being up ever 2 hours in the middle of the night for the first 2 months, and I totally can believe he's 3 months old.


About Josh:

He hates his Bumbo.

He hates not being held.

He is cuddly.

He hates being left alone.

He is losing the hair on the back of his head. And on the front.

He is darling.

He smiles a lot. Not as much as Adam and Grace did. But, he's smiling more and more. No laughing yet.

He is still slightly too grumpy for that.

The port-a-crib we have has an attached diaper changing pad, and a mobile that hangs above the diaper changing pad. Ooh-la-la, I know. We are pretty fancy here. Anyway, he loves this mobile. His first smile was at the bears on the mobile. The second time he smiled, it was at me. Whenever I change him he just grins and grins. He loves this thing. He now kicks the bears on the mobile that he loves so much. Which makes him smile even bigger.

Adam thinks Josh is going to be a soccer genius someday because of these kicking skills.

He is also starting to bat at objects and put things in his mouth. Downside is that, well, he is starting to put grody things in his mouth. Upside? It keeps him happy for a few minutes.

He loves being naked. And, I know this is terrible, but sometimes when Grace needs help in the bathroom and Adam needs help with homework and dinner needs to be stirred, I totally undress him and leave him naked on the floor on a towel. Normally, he needs to be held or he fusses. Leaving him naked makes him happy. It buys me about 10 minutes.

Being WT is totally worth 10 minutes of sanity. Believe me.

He prefers me over anyone else. This makes me happy.

He does not like Mike. When Mike holds him, Josh won't look at him, and he has only smiled at him a handful of times. It's funny.

I can laugh about this now because I know it won't always stay this way. Adam and Grace did the same thing at first. Eventually they learned that Daddy is more fun (aka lets them get away with more) than Mommy. Then Mike becomes the favorite.

He makes my life insanely, ridiculously hard.

He also makes it insanely, ridiculously wonderful.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

We all love him so much!

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, my Gosh, so doggone cute is that Josh!!! Thank you, sweet Allison, for taking out of your rare moments of "nothing to do" to let Gramma Wilkins and Grammy know just what he is up to...and just how wonderful and sweet and cute...and naked...that amazingly adorable little grandson of ours is! I could just eat him up!!!

Kristi said...

I love those chubby cheeks! When is this kid gonna come visit me?