Friday, June 5, 2009

No More Classes, No More Books...


He's all done! Adam's last day of school was today. They had a really fun day, and his teacher gave them the sweetest present: a nice certificate for passing, a folder filled with all of the worksheets she had saved all year, and a CD of his classes' kindergarten songs!

Every afternoon when they got to school, they had "circle time" and would sing/dance to a song as a part of it. Really fun learning songs that teach adding, counting by 10s, phonetics, and some just-for-fun ones, too. He's taught them to us over the year, and I really wanted to buy the CD, The songs actually come from 6 different CDs, though, so I never bought them. I'm so psyched that we have them and Grace can listen to them.

He had a great day today, and when he came home Grace and I surprised him with an End of the School Year/Happy Summer Party.

Any reason to celebrate and I'm on it.


We had rice krispies treats, danced to Adam's kindergarten songs, and opened "happy summer" presents (craft supplies, sunglasses, water bottles, bubbles, chalk, and water guns). It was the perfect way to start the summer!


He has accomplished so much this year and we are so proud of him. He had an incredible teacher that we love so much. She was fun, but firm, and really helped Adam to love learning. I was talking to some other moms and we are amazed at how far they have come because of her: she has the whole class reading at a second-grade level, beginning to memorize addition/subtraction tables, and taught them all sorts of science and social studies things. And she made learning so fun. She's great! I think more than the math/reading, though, Adam has really grown as a person. He's more confident, more thoughtful, is better at speaking (lisp has disappeared), and can control his emotions more. I was a little worried about his school at first, but I am so grateful that we were led to it. It has been such a good experience for him. It was an answer to many prayers.


But enough of that for now, because IT'S SUMMER!

3 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Happy End of Kindergarten, Adam!! Have a fun Summer!!

Tiffin said...

Yay summer!!! We hope it's a good one!!

Casey and Brynn said...

I hope you have a great summer. I am nervous for my little one to start kindergarten this year. I hope he has as great of an experience as Adam did.