Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mike!


Sunday was Mike's 31st birthday. On the 31st.

How cool is that?

I asked him if he'd been waiting for this day his entire life.

He hasn't. (lame)

We had a fun, low-key day: meetings, church, and enchiladas for dinner. I told him he needed to come home after his meetings and elevate his legs, and skip church. But when the kids and I got to there, he decided to stay. He even helped me out in nursery, to give the workers in there a break for 5th Sunday. What a trooper! For his birthday cake I made Strawberry Shortcake with Strawberry Bread. We had made it a few years ago for a Dutch oven thing, and he wanted to try it again. It was yummy.

After dinner, he and the kids made a HUGE marble tower! It was almost as tall as Mike! It was a fun day, and we had a great time celebrating together.

Happy Birthday, Mike! You are the most incredible husband and father! We love you!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I thought about how it was his golden birthday (age same as the day) on Sunday. I'm glad to see he enjoyed it.

Tiffin said...

Yay--I'm glad it was a fun day!
That sounds like a yummy dessert!
I bet Kimball would love it. Strawberry shortcake is one of his favorites! Yet another thing I'm stealing from you! Alison, you're the BEST!