Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Adam's 6th Birthday


Adam turned 6 a week ago... crazy!

I do have excuses for not blogging about it, but I won't elaborate. Because, seriously, who wants to read about those?

Adam wanted a Star Wars-themed birthday (his current obsession), so we did our best to make it happen. Mike had to work in the afternoon/night, so we had a short celebration in the morning: cake for breakfast, presents (lightsabers, action figures, Star Wars Legos, books, movies, and money), some lightsaber fighting, and Lego Star Wars ships assembling.



This cake is supposed to depict a battle scene in lava. As I have still not seen the movies, my Star Wars knowledge was based on my limited video gaming of Lego Star Wars. So. This is supposed to be (what I thought was) a battle between Anakin Skywalker and Darth Maul, the latter represented by the white/blue character. Adam LOVED his cake. And then he kindly told me that this scene does not actually exist.

Whatever. Bite me Star Wars fans. I tried.


After we dropped Mike at work, we went out for lunch. Adam really has been wanting to go to McDonald's playplace for a long time. I don't like fast food playplaces. I find them repulsive, as they are crawling with germs and the food is way over-priced. But for his birthday we went.

They
had a great time.


I, however, was reminded why we never eat out. Especially if I'm going-it sans Mike: 2 spilled drinks, 3 spilled ketchups, and a dumped out fries.

The cleaning crew was happy to see us go.

After McDonald's we went shopping so that Adam could spend the birthday money he received. He now has 5 lightsabers, and is happy that should another little person join our family, he/she will be well-prepared Star Wars-wise.

I fear for the next baby.


We had a wonderful day celebrating his life and all of the happiness he has brought to our family! Adam is so smart and funny. He is a wonderful friend and an excellent brother. He has such a strong testimony and is an incredibly example to us. We love him so much and we are so happy that we've got to spend the last 6 years with him. Happy Birthday, Adders!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

My husband is incredibly jealous right now. He wants Star Wsrs Legos real bad.

AND if any Star Wars fans have a problem with your cake they can bite me too! You seriously cracked me up with that!

Amanda said...

The other night, Nathan's sister almost birthed a cow when Hailey said Star Wars is stupid. It was awesome! So, yeah, they can bite me too!

Tiffin said...

Oh, Allison, thanks for the laugh!!! I think the cake is AWESOME!

Adam, we're glad you had such a fun birthday!! Gage LOVES all of the Star Wars stuff you got.