Monday, January 5, 2009

Adam's Testimony

Yesterday Adam 'buried' his testimony for the first time ever in church.

And no, it's not the same as burying your talents.

And yes, he is the cutest thing ever.

He has been wanting to bear his testimony for a while in church, but my thing is, I think a child should go up on there own and bear it, without someone whispering in their ear. I mean, it should be their testimony, you know? It's just my thing.

It might also have to do slightly with the fact that if I went up with him, I'd have to speak, too. Which is notgonnahappen. Without oxygen tanks and medics on call in case I fainted.

Anyway, we've been talking about what a testimony is, and what you should say the past few months in family home evening. Yesterday he told us that he was ready, but he asked Mike if he would come sit by him, because it's a long walk up there, you know? We were fine with that. He marched up proudly, and tripped and fell on his face going up the podium.

Because he has my ever-so-graceful genetics.

Then, red-faced, but completely confidently, he said:

"I'd like to bury my testimony.
I know the Church is true. I know Jesus is true.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

He is so sweet. And I'm so amazed at what an example he is for me.

And, come on, saying 'bury'?

Is that not the cutest thing ever?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Cute! And you are in good company because the General Authorities have said that kids should be able to bear their testimonies on their own without help from parents or siblings.