Sunday, January 11, 2009

Adam's First Talk

Practicing with the visuals - spirit and body

Adam's on some kind of spiritual-roll or something. First testimony-bearing-in-church last Sunday. First talk today.

I didn't get to go because Grace's still sick, and I'm sick now, too. Because apparently staying up all night with your daughter coughing in your face is not conducive to a healthy immune system.

Anyway, he did awesome, from what I hear. He really, really wanted to read it on his own without any help, so we practiced and practiced. Except he kept pronouncing "Father" as "fat-her," which doesn't sound very nice. And I was worried about him making that mistake, but he was fine, and completed it on his own. And Mike had the honors of holding up the visual aids. Whataguy.

For those who might be interested, here is his talk:

I am a Child of God.
I have a Heavenly Father who loves me.

Before we were born, we lived with Heavenly Father. We were created in His image. That means that we look like Him.

We are Heavenly Father’s spirit children.

Just like our parents on earth, Heavenly Father wants us to make good choices. Before we came to earth, we made the choice to follow Heavenly Father's plan instead of Satan's. We decided that we wanted to receive a body and come to earth.

I know that I have a Father in Heaven. I know that He loves me and wants me to be happy and make good choices.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

He can't wait until his next turn to give a talk. Which should be soon.

When there's only 12 kids or so in the entire Primary, you get to give a lot of talks.

2 comments:

Danyel said...

that is so cool. I wish that I could have been there to hear his talk. He is such a good kid.

Grammy Suzzy said...

What a super duper talk you gave, Adam. Papa and I wish we could have been there to see you, but we are so glad Mommy put it on the blog. You did just wonderful!