Friday, January 16, 2009

Adam's Bad Day


Adam came home from school today very upset.

He had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

(I love that book, by the way).

Here's what happened:

- Instead of getting to play with the dress-up clothes (a center that is only open every other Friday and that he has very much been looking forward to) he had to take a test.

- Trinity threw rice down his shirt at sand table.

- He got on yellow for the first time ever. And it wasn't his fault at all. Two girls in his group were being noisy, so the whole group got put on yellow. His teacher told the girls to apologize to rest of the group, but Adam wasn't impressed.

- He couldn't remember how to spell 'sock' on his test and spelled it 'soc.'

- His sandwich got squished.

- He and his best friend, George, got into a fight.

And then after school:

- Arthur was replaced by some news conference about Obama. Watching Arthur and having an after-school snack is his daily ritual.

- He found out that Grace and I ate lunch with Mike at D.I. today (whoops!).

To make it better we are:

- Having an impromptu picnic dinner at the park.

- Riding bikes at the park after dinner.

- Mike's buying one of the Star Wars movies at D.I. and we are going to watch it as a family tonight (gulp... it's always been my thing to never, ever watch any of the Star Wars movies ever. Never say never, I guess).

- Loving on him as much as possible.

Bad days stink. And they happen.

But I hope that our home/family will always be a happy place for him to come home to.

4 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, Adam, I am so, so sorry that you had a not so good day. But isn't it so nice to only have one bad day, and then lots and lots of good days. Hope you have a fun dinner and bike ride and that you like your movie tonight. Make sure Mommy watches it really good, too!!!

Kristi said...

Whoa! That IS a bad day! I hope it got better for him.
The odd thing: I was thinking of telling my Mike that I would watch Star Wars with him tonight, but luckily he suggested Dick and Jane before I could offer. Dodged that one!

kedwards said...

That is a wicked bad day! Make sure you tell Adam and Aunt Kelli says, "Things always get better, you just have to wait it out."

Also, Adam totally looks exactly like Mike in that picture.

And, Allison you can always do what I do when Patrick wants me to watch a movie I don't really want to watch. I just fall asleep. Works great!

Mike West said...

Go Star Wars! It warms the cockles of oen's heart :D And Kristi, by reading that, you know what I'm going to suggest next right? :P