Sunday, October 19, 2008

The 13 Days of Halloween: Day 1

Clockwise from top left corner: Mine, Grace's, Adam's, Mike's

I love Halloween. I think I've mentioned that a time or twelve before. Anyways, I read about a really fun way of counting down to the big day/doing all of the fun crafts and treats that I've been thinking about for the past 11 months.

The magazine I found the idea in did "The 13 Days of Halloween", with each day on a wall hanging, with the activity to be done that day on the back. But, I thought it would be fun to have a 'goblin' deliver a bag each day with a note and supplies for the activity/craft/recipe. As the kids tore into the bag, I thought, "This would have been so much fun to do for another family." So we're going to do that next year. Friends: beware! :)

Today, was Day 1. The goblin delivered a fun, orange bag, with a note that read:

On the first day of Halloween, a goblin gave to me:
Pumpkins for painting.


The goblin is not much of a poet. But we'll forgive her.

The bag had mini pumpkins, some sponge brushes, paint, and google eyes in it. We painted them, and had a blast! Mike and I painted one, too. We had so much fun getting creative, and I LOVE how they turned out! So fun.


Can't wait to see what the goblin delivers tomorrow! I'll do a quick post everyday on what we do. That will let our families know we're still alive, and give anyone out there some easy Halloween craft ideas. Just in case you wanted some.

(I need to catch up on my posting to keep our family caught up on us, but Super Saturday/school is just taking all of my time now. Will do that soon!)

2 comments:

Danyel said...

Thoughs pumpkins are so cute. How did super saterday go?

Grammy Suzzy said...

Everything is so cuuute! I love how the kids are concentrating so much! And, Michael, you did quite a good job on yours, too. You have a wonderful goblin visiting you. Have lots of fun! Cant wait to see the results when Grammy and Papa come this weekend!!!