Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Stockings... Finally!

Postdated from November 2012


I have always wanted to make stockings for our family, but never really found a pattern/fabric I was in love with... so we used cheesy red stockings that we got clearance-d from Target years and years ago.

Three years ago, I sewed this quilt top:




It wasn't big enough to do anything with, though, so I left it in my sewing basket.

As I was getting out the Christmas decorations, and looking at our cheesy stockings, I remembered the quilt top and decided to turn it into stockings:


I LOVE how they turned out!  They make me smile whenever I see them.

I am planning on embroidering our names on them this summer, and then they will officially be done.




3 comments:

Amanda said...

Super cute. Great job! (And, your board turned out great, too!)

kedwards said...

They are so cute! I have been trying to decide what to do for stockings for about 5 years and I just can't decide. Maybe next year... :)

Blissful & Domestic said...

The stockings look beautiful!! Love your mantle!