Friday, November 30, 2012

November Randomness

Postdated from November 2012


Poor baby got super sick.  High fevers, bad cough.


***

I voted!  I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't been a registered voter since moving to Nevada (5 years ago).  I'm even more ashamed to admit, that this is because I didn't want to do jury duty (and have to figure out rides/childcare for the kiddos).  I know, I know.  But, I buckled up and registered and voted.


***

I took the kids to Toys 'R Us for the first time in their lives.  We spent hours there looking and playing.  They all declared it the best day ever.


***

We went and checked out the fall display at the Bellagio.  We are making a big effort to avoid The Strip, as the kiddos get older, but we've worked out a way to get to the Bellagio with minimal Strip driving (because we adore the observatory and fountains).  The fall display didn't disappoint: huge pumpkins, a talking tree, and chrysanthemums.


***

Mike had a (rare) Saturday off and we surprised the kids with Burger King + the play area time after Adam's football game.


***

Grace's photo of the return of Cuties (clementine oranges).  These guys can't get enough of them!


***

These two don't find Adam's football games to be very entertaining... so they make due with entertaining themselves.


***

My bookworms' favorite part of a Sam's Club trip is not the samples, but the book section.  They beg to go there each time.


***

More football.  I can't get enough of this guy playing a team sport and loving it.



***

Good report cards = FREE Krispy Kremes.  We are so lucky Adam and Grace always share.


***

Love him!


***

Adam is his den's "Denner" and leads the boys in flag ceremony at Cub Scouts each week.


***

It's a small troop, but these guys collected lots of hats, scarves, and blankets for the homeless.  They packaged them up for the stake drive.


***

More football practice.


***

This cutie made an adorable thankful turkey.  She was so proud that it was hanging on the hallway bulletin board for all to see.


***

Reading at football practice.  She is not liking 3rd grade reading level books, so we've been reading together a lot.


***

Our car died.  Of course it was on an extremely rare date with Mike.  But, man alive, am I thankful for our car insurance roadside service. 


No comments: