Monday, January 16, 2012

3 Hours in a Wal-Mart

On Wednesday, Grace accidentally left her car door open for 4 hours unnoticed.

(BTW, how bad is one's car if one lives a scary neighborhood and leaves a car door completely open for 4 hours and no one steals it?).

That night, when I was leaving to go work out, I found it open and the car dead.

So, Mike called a friend, who came over and jump-started it.

(Scary neighborhood = scary neighbors who won't jump our car)

He drove it to AutoZone, who said that the battery was fine.

The next morning, though, it was dead again.

(Repeat that above scenario 2 more times).

Mike fixed a broken wire in our brakes, and that seemed to solve the problem.  The kids had today off of school (and Mike had to work), so we decided to have some fun without him.  ;)  We decided on a picnic lunch at the park, park time, and the library.  As we got in the car to leave, it started very slowly.  I wasn't sure what that meant, or what we should do.  Adam suggested we pray, so we did.  Afterward, I really felt like I should go to Wal-Mart and have it tested again, but since it had already been tested 3 times and passed, I didn't want to go there.

That feeling didn't go away, though, so we went.

They tested it, and even though it's only 6 months old, it completely failed.

They told us it would take an hour to fix it.

It ended up taking almost three.

Which led to three very happy children who got to look at toys and fish for a LONG time.



The battery was replaced completely for free... they didn't even charge me tax.  I was so very happy about that (or delirious from chasing a toddler around a store for 3 hours), that I bought two things that I have never, ever bought before:


Two things that also made for very happy kids.

Our car is running great now, and I am so thankful.

As much as I hate the little trials that always seem to come our way, I am always grateful for the opportunities it gives me to pray with my children and teach them about listening to the Holy Ghost and about how much Heavenly Father loves us.

No comments: