Friday, January 28, 2011

Adam's Musical Performance

Grace, Josh, and I went to Adam's school musical performance today. The kids all did such a great job and it was SO fun to see him perform!

He had been acting pretty horrible all week, and I just could NOT figure out what was up with him. The morning of his performance, he asked me (for the 100th time), "Are you sure you coming to my performance?" When I told him that I promised that I was, he started crying and said, "Well, you didn't come last year because you were mad at me, so I was afraid you wouldn't be coming again."

I felt SO bad! I hadn't gone to his musical performance the year before but NOT because I was mad at him! I couldn't go because Josh was only 10 days old and I was still recovering from my c-section and Mike HAD to work. I probably could've drugged up and gone, but I so didn't want to take a newborn into a school of germs! So, we decided not to go. For some reason, he thought I was mad at him? No wonder he's been crazy this week! So sad! So, we talked about it and he felt much better. He still looked pretty relieved when we walked into the auditorium, though. ;)

Ugh! I have forever and can NOT get my videos to load. I will try again sometime-these videos of them singing are too, too cute.

Especially the hand movements. ;)

They sang about 10 songs, but my favorite was "Nevada." I grew up in Arizona, and could tell you plenty about that state. Adam has only gone to school in Nevada, though, so he has learned all about it, and it tickles me that he knows more about Nevada than I do.

"Nevada"

The state where we live,
Way out in the west,
Is filled with many wonders and places of rest.
Where you can see mountains and feel the desert sun.
We call it Nevada, to us it's number one!

Nevada, where mountains are snow-covered,
And miners work their claims.
Where sagebrush bloom,
And mountain bluebirds hover-
Our loyalty remains.

The thirty-sixth state is known as "Battleborn,"
Because it joined the Union in time of Civil War.
On October 31st, in 1864.
We call it Nevada, the place we all adore.

Nevada, where mountains are snow-covered,
And miners work their claims.
Where sagebrush bloom,
And mountain bluebirds hover-
Our loyalty remains.

The peaceful waters of the lakes we see-
Pyramid, and Tahoe, Ruby, Walker, and Mead.
Where muledeer graze among the Pinon pines,
We call it Nevada, it's always on our minds.

Nevada, where mountains are snow-covered,
And miners work their claims.
Where sagebrush bloom,
And mountain bluebirds hover-
Our loyalty remains.

(Now, you know a little bit about Nevada, too. Don't ever say that this blog isn't educational.)




The also played their recorders. Go ahead and imagine one child playing a recorder. Multiply it by 150. I'll go ahead and leave THAT performance to you imagination! ;)

We had such a fun day and finished off by ducking out of school early, and grabbing some cones from McDonald's. We are all so proud of Adam and how hard he works on all of his talents! Way to go!

No comments: