Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Evidence


On Saturday I had a bad day.

I was worrying, stressing about our Primary Activity Day, crying because Mike's boss was mad at him, trying to clean only to have the kids making messes as I cleaned, listening to Josh's inconsolable crying, trying to ignore Adam whining about his horrid life, etc.

It doesn't sound that bad, I know, but I was having one hard day.

And then a sweet sister from our ward came by. Not someone who particularly knows me. Not really someone that I'm good friends with. Not my visiting teacher or neighbor. Just a sweet sister that I respect and admire.

She brought me a box of chocolate and wished me a Happy Valentine's Day. Talked for a minute, and then she left.

And after she left, I stared at the box of chocolate, evidence that I have a Heavenly Father who knows and loves me. And who knew that I needed a little extra love on that day.

She just felt like she needed to come by, and I'm so glad that she did. It made all of the difference in the world on a hard day.

The sweet experience has really made me think about all of the little thoughts that come into my mind during the day: "I should take some of these cookies to so-and-so." "We should make so-and-so get well cards." "I should call her soon."

Thoughts that I usually forget as I get busy and never end up going through with.

However, after my experience, I've have started writing down and doing the things that come to my mind as I go through my day.

Because, just maybe, there's someone else who is having a really hard day. Someone else who needs a little evidence that Someone up above loves them and is watching over them.

Just like I needed on Saturday.

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

I am so sad I could not be there to help you, but, as I have said many times, I am so thankful Heavenly Father knows your needs and loves you and sends such wonderful people with candy, with radiators, with love to help you when we cannot! And thank you to the wonderful person who did what many of us do not...listened!!!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

I love the writing it down idea. I also have lots of thoughts and then think, k - I'll do it when I have a second and then totally space it.