Tuesday, October 20, 2009

7 Months

Baby

Are those the chunkiest cheeks you've ever seen or what?
(I don't have a scanner, so this is a picture of it... sorry about the poor quality. I'll try to get it scanned in later)

Me

I have begun retaining some water, so I, too, have the chunkiest cheeks you've ever seen.
I will not be documenting this on the blog, however.

My doctor made me schedule my c-section last week, against my better wishes. I've been trying really hard not to think about the whole c-section part of being pregnant. She said it's not like I'm going to be less scared in 2 weeks (or 4), so might as well get it over with. She's right. I just don't feel like being logical right now. ;) She won't do c-sections any earlier than 39 weeks, so right now he's scheduled to make his appearance on December 8th.

Why does December 8th seems so ridiculously close and yet so ridiculously far away at the same time?

I also went to my perinatologist last week, and even though my blood pressure was perfect, because of my pre-eclampsia history, I now get weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests. Fun! Grace should LOVE those. And, I mean, if you have to pay 40 percent of your pregnancy, might as well squeeze in as many visits and procedures as possible, right?

(That was sarcasm, by the way).

I will laugh about this someday. I think.
49 days and counting...

4 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, he is soooooooooo cute!!! And your tummy is way small...are you eating enough??? Anyway, you are a strong, brave, and wonderful Mommy. You have fantastic Doctors, you will have Mike right there, and everything will be just fine!!! Ain't it kinda strange...they say you forget the birth process after you have the baby...Heck, by Kayty and Nate I REMEMBERED, and I was terrified! Hang in there, and know that Nano has put you on the prayer list at the temple, so heaven and earth are watching over you!!

Juice said...

Oh my gosh! We are WAY closer than I thought. I'm due on the 10th! And I SOOOOOO agree - it seems soo far away and soo close at the same time!

Are you really counting down the days? I think I'd go mad if I counted the days.

Hey, any luck with names yet?

the W* family said...

Mom- I (and the baby) are actually measuring a week and half ahead. So, no worries on me eating enough. :)

Jill- No luck with names. Nothing just feels right yet. And if I don't count the days, I will just sit around and do nothing because of the whole denial thing. Counting down days makes me feel some urgency to get stuff done. ;)

Kristi said...

Dec 8th feels the same way for me too. That is the day Mike goes to basic training. You just gave me a reason to look forward to that day. Thank you