Friday, September 21, 2007

Oh, Yum!

So, my secret goal in life is to make THE world's best chocolate chip cookies. I have this 50s-dream of living in a house, in a really great neighborhood, with lots of nice kids, and baking incredible cookies, and having all of the neighbor kids over to eat them. I would be known as the "cool" mom, and my kids would be very well liked. It's not that I have doubts about Adam and Grace being able to make friends on their own or anything, but having your mom be Mrs. Fields, never hurts, right?

So, anyways, Adam and I bake a batch every week (with my own recipe that I change a bit each time). Then I have everyone I know taste-test them. It's fun. Adam loves baking. And Mike's happy because he's guaranteed cookies at least once a week.

Well, last week I was at Wal-Mart, and I saw a bag of Andes Peppermint Chips Baking Bits on clearance for 50 cents! So, I bought them, and mixed them in a batch of my soon-to-be-famous cookie recipe, with cocoa added. They were chocolatey and minty and were beyond incredible. So, now I'm all bummed, because now I have hit on an extremely delish cookie, that would guarantee my children friends-for-life, but I'm thinking that since these bits were clearanced, maybe they aren't going to make them anymore. :( I guess it's back to the kitchen for us.

3 comments:

The Muhlesteins said...

I want to try some!! You should come visit and bring me some, I'll pour the milk and have the plates out.

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

those sound really good. maybe you could bring them to the christmas party.

Kristi said...

I want some!!!!