Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lovin' the DI

So, for some reason, Mike working at DI (Deseret Industries) has changed the way that I look at thrift stores. I've never really "looked down" on them or anything, it's just that I didn't really see them as a place to shop. This has totally changed. I got all of Adam and Grace's summer clothes there (can't beat Old Navy and GAP shirts for 50 cents), some really crazy-weird-cool recipe books, and when I was there a few weeks ago, I found a $50 pair of jeans for me for $3! I love that they are already worn-in (I hate the stiff feel of brand-new jeans). They are my new faves. I feel like I've been kind of a snob for never going to thrift stores before. I mean, the kids are going to ruin the clothes either way, so why spend a ton of money on them?

2 comments:

Chris said...

In NC, also there are plenty of thrift stores, the prices are incredible and they all look brand new.

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

This is so true. Thrift stores are awsome.