Sunday, January 4, 2015

Our Family in 2015: Week of 12/29-1/4

On Monday I took Adam and Grace to the dentist.

Had to sneak in that second cleaning before the end-of-the-year.  ;)

They both had no cavities... yay!

But Grace has a growth in her mouth that the dentist says looks like an oral wart.  She has to get it removed, because they can spread, and the dentist is going to have it biopsied just to make sure everything is all good.
I talked with the dentist about Adam's front teeth (we found out at his last appointment that the insurance wouldn't cover them anymore, because they've been "fixed" too much, so we've been saving).  She says that the new treatment that she has planned, she has never had anyone break them off before.  So, we are crossing our fingers and getting those broken teeth fixed.

Afterward, I took these guys out for lunch to celebrate them having no cavities.

And, yeah, it's not the smartest financial move... but, we sure had fun!

Plus, kids eat free at Firehouse Subs.

We spent the rest of the day taking down the last of the Christmas decorations (except for the tree), cleaning, and working on some schoolwork.


On Tuesday evening we were un-decorating the tree, when Adam said that his chest hurt.

We were all still getting over the cold (and had horrible coughs), but even after resting for a few hours, some Tums (just in case it was indigestion), and Tylenol, it still hurt so much so that he was crying.

Mike took him into the ER.

Where the pain mysteriously disappeared and we found out that his chest and heart are just fine.

This kid!


On Wednesday, we spent the day prepping for our New Year's Eve party.

I had found some treats on clearance for prizes (winner chose first, second place chose second, etc.), organized all of the games, and put the finishing touches on our New Year's tree.

After dinner and clean-up, we began our party!

I had found the idea here for 10 New Year's Eve Minute-to-Win It Games.

I think next year, we will do it in teams.  We had each person complete the task... and some took much longer than a minute.  We had an absolute blast playing the games.

Except for this guy, who kept attacking the different games, so we put him in his crib for his own party.

He was good in there for a whole 8 minutes.

After our games (Josh was the winner!), we counted down and watched the fireworks on the Strip on the t.v.

And then got started popping our New Year's Eve fortunes.

Mike did all of the fortunes (with a few prizes thrown in), and he cracked us up.

The best was that he made 3 "You will have 5 children" fortunes, thinking that he or I would get one... and the kids got each of them.


I can't be tricked even by fate into having #5.

After our tree, we lit our sparklers, and got these guys into bed.

It was a FUN New Year's Eve, and a great way to start the new year.


On Thursday, New Year's Day, we all slept in.

Way in.

And got up at the crack of 11:00 to make some fresh-squeezed Arizona orange juice.

We spent the day relaxing, playing, and cleaning up.

I never am in the mood for spring cleaning, but I LOVE after-Christmas organizing and de-junking.

I just wish my cute family was as into it as I am.  ;)


Sam has slept in this port-a-crib in our bedroom for his entire life.

That hole?

It began as a quarter-size tear, that Josh slowly enlarged until he (and Sam) could crawl in and out.

So, we made the change and moved him to the boys' room into an official crib.

And said "good-bye" to our beloved port-a-crib that Grace, Josh, and Sam all slept in when they were teeny.

Sam is loving his new bed and I miss him in my room, but I have to admit it's nice to not have to try and read my scriptures in the dark each night after he was asleep.



On Saturday after Mike was off of work, we went to check out a fun, new park that Mike had found on-line.

In Henderson, of course.

While we were driving, Grace had to go to the bathroom, so we stopped at the first place we saw.

Which happened to be a HUGE park entirely devoted to dogs.

Why are you so cool Henderson!?!

We eventually made it to the other park, and had fun playing.

When the kids could no longer feel their hands (it was a little cold), we headed back home.


On Sunday we went to church and into new church classes.

Josh is a CTR 5 this year:

Adam is a Valiant (and on his last year of Primary... wow!):

Grace is a Valiant (but she and Adam are in separate classes):

Josh was tired and grumpy and hungry and not in the mood for pictures.

By the end, neither was Grace.

11:00 church is hard.

But, after a little lunch in their tummies, they were happy, played together, and enjoyed the last day of winter break before going back to school tomorrow.

No comments: