Sunday, June 22, 2014

Our Family: Week of 6/16-6/22

On Monday, Mike made good on his promise to take Grace out on a lunch date when she finished her chapter book reading chart (from April).  She chose Golden Corral.

They had a great time together!



After Mike was finished, he took a quick nap, and then brought Adam over to the credit union, where he opened his very first savings account with the rest of his birthday money.


And lest you think he is responsible or something, he is saving not for college or a mission (though he is going to have to save a portion for his mission once he turns 12) but an Xbox.

;)

My poor Josh came down with a fever last Friday, and began displaying the symptoms of the weirdest-illness-ever that Grace had: sore throat, fever, rash, ear ache, goopy eye, etc.

Poor buddy!

He cuddled with me all day and drank lots of Gatorade.

***

On Tuesday Josh was still super-sick.

We hung out at home, and tried to get him feeling better.

Adam began swim practice with the swim team.  He knows how to swim but definitely needs practice/coaching to become better at it and learn more strokes.

He gets 2 1/2 months of twice-weekly swim lessons + 4 swim meets, as a part of being on the swim team.

He is SO excited and had a great first practice.

***

On Wednesday we worked on getting the house in order and worked on getting Mike ready to go to Scout Camp next week.

He leaves Sunday/Monday at 3:00am and is off to a remote camp in Utah, where they don't have cell phone service.

We're going to miss that guy.

***

On Thursday, Adam had 11-year-old Scouts and we continued to clean.

Mike took Adam, Grace, and Josh to see The LEGO Movie (a late celebration for Adam's brithday) and they had a blast.

***

On Friday after a l-o-n-g day of waiting (and some last-minute cleaning) my sister visited!

We had soooo much fun talking and laughing.

(And a little bit of gossiping, but nothing bad, Mom!)

;)

***

Adam "won" getting to keep the class pet, Cosmo, over the summer.

Unfortunately, he woke up earlier this week to Cosmo dead.

We gave him a few days for a miracle recovery, then went ahead and buried him Saturday.




Afterward, these guys held an impromtu lemonade stand.

This time to raise some money for themselves.

They made exactly $.50, thanks to Kayty.


I got my first haircut in over a year... I chopped 8 inches off and LOVE it!

Kayty was kind enough to watch the kids that evening, while Mike, Sam and I went out to dinner.

Late that night, I decided to cover up all of those grays that have been hanging around since I last dyed my hair in January.

And Kayty wanted to cover up her roots.

So, we had a little hair dye party.



Earlier in the day, Josh and Grace dug out some old clothing boxes, where Josh found the suit that Adam wore to Ethan and Cameo's wedding when he was ring bearer.

He was soooo excited that I caught him sleeping in it that night:


***

On Sunday morning, Josh refused to wear the suit to church.

He says he is "too scared."

He is also "too scared" to take Tylenol for a fever/pain, eat carrots, and wear running shoes.

I'm thinking "too scared" is either a random excuse or he can't figure out the word he really wants to say.

My sweet sister took care of Sam while Mike and I taught.  Usually, I nurse him for the first part of sharing time, he hangs out in Primary with me for the rest of sharing time, and then goes to Young Men's with Mike, while I teach my class.

Teenage boys are slightly less distracted by babies than 6- and 7-year-olds.

;)

She was so awesome to help us!


After church, we got Mike finished packing, and he headed over to help the boys and the other leaders load up the cars in preparation for camp.  He came home and got as much sleep as possible.

We hung out, played games, and watched 17 Miracles on Netflix.


That night, while everyone else slept, I drove Mike to the church at 3:00am, trying to be all brave and not-a-crybaby.

I didn't completely succeed.

I am sooo excited for him to get a week off, to be with the boys, to have fun, and to grow.

We are just going to really miss that guy!

No comments: