Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School 2012

This morning I woke up and just wondered where the summer went.

Wasn't it just the last day of school?

Yeah, there were days of tattling and whining and fighting, that made it seem like summer would last         for-e-ver.

BUT, for the most part, this summer was awesome. The kids had so much fun together. We adored running and playing in our new house.

It was soooo wonderful.

And, I'm glad it happened.

So, I got out of bed, made breakfast, and got these cute kiddos of mine ready for 1st and 4th grade!









Mike had to work at Red Roof Inn until 8 this morning, and then had to take the bus to D.I.

It was the first time I've ever done the first day of school alone, and it was hard.

I dropped them off.

Kissed Grace good-bye.

Waved at Adam.

Walked back to the car with Josh in hand.

Buckled him in.

And cried.

Well, I cried.

Josh was pretty darn thrilled the entire day to have me (and all of the toys) all to himself.

It was the longest day ever for me.

Grace declared it, "The best day of my life... even better than my birthday."

Adam loved it, too.

I'm soooo thankful for the great school they go to, their wonderful teachers, and the time I get to spend spoiling Josh now.

It was a good day.

No comments: