Saturday, August 17, 2019

I Made It!

I worked 46 hours last week between the temple and my other job AND wrote a couple of orders for clients AND took care of my kiddos and house AND did my calling.

All on 3 hours of sleep a night.

By the end of the week, I was pretty darn weepy.

Because that's how I am when I get tired.

But.. I did it!

***

My other job is at CaptionCall, where I will work at captioning phone calls for the hearing impaired.

It's a pretty cool service based out of Salt Lake City.

There's a lot of rules and regulations around it and training takes two to three weeks.

I know it probably sounds silly to work as a temple housekeeper and at a call center when I have a degree and could get a job in PR or marketing or as a copywriter.

But, then I wouldn't get to hear about Adam's day on the way home or stop at the park after school and play with my kiddos or help with their homework or volunteer in their classes.

Someday I will get a job doing something I absolutely love, but for now, I'm thankful that I get to be with the ones I love the most.

And if that means taking a few silly jobs during the late night/early morning hours, I'll do it.

No comments: